- CoD: Mobile Season 9 start date
- CoD: Mobile Season 9 theme
- New CoD: Mobile Season 9 maps
- New CoD: Mobile Season 9 weapons
- New CoD: Mobile Season 9 Tactical Weapon, Operator Skill & BR class
- CoD: Mobile Season 9 Battle Pass
- Undead Siege returns in CoD: Mobile Season 9
- CoD: Mobile Season 9 Trick or Treat
- CoD Mobile Season 9 update patch notes
- Multiplayer mode and survival mode
- Battle Royale Mode
Call of Duty: Mobile is set to celebrate Halloween by bringing a spooky overhaul to the handheld shooter in Season 9. Here’s everything we know about the Nightmare update’s Halloween event, including the release date, new maps, and weapons.
Call of Duty: Mobile Season 8 is soon wrapping up, and the handheld shooter will be getting a spooky overhaul with Season 9. This new Halloween-themed update brings back Undead Siege, as well as introduces new maps, weapons, and more.
Reading: how to 1v1 in cod mobile
Here’s everything we know about CoD: Mobile Season 9, including its release date and Halloween-themed content.
- Season 9 start date
- Season 9 theme
- New maps
- New weapons
- New Tactical Weapon, Operator Skill and BR class
- Season 9 Battle Pass
- Undead Siege returns
CoD: Mobile Season 9 start date
Call of Duty: Mobile Season 9 is set to begin on Wednesday, October 20, at around 5 PM PT / 8 PM ET / 1 AM BST (October 21).
- Read more: How to unlock Diamond & Damascus camos in CoD: Mobile
CoD: Mobile doesn’t usually have a significant downtime between seasons, so Season 9 should launch almost immediately after the Season 8 Battle Pass expires.
CoD: Mobile Season 9 theme
Alongside Warzone’s The Haunting event, CoD: Mobile will also be running a Halloween theme. Although not officially revealed, a leaked teaser has revealed that Season 9 will be titled ‘Nightmare.’
- Read more: Best R9-0 loadout for CoD: Mobile
Expect Halloween updates to many aspects of the game, as well as spooky cosmetics in the store and Battle Pass.
New CoD: Mobile Season 9 maps
CoD: Mobile’s developers have revealed that Season 9 will bring Modern Warfare (2019)’s Hovec Sawmill and Halloween Standoff.
Hovec Sawmill was a brand new map for Modern Warfare, taking place in a small village with a burning Sawmill in the center. With several accessible rooftops, you’ll need to keep your eyes up. And for CoD Mobile Season 9, the Hovec Sawmill will be a night map, matching Nightmare’s spooky aesthetic.
Halloween Standoff also returns in Season 9, which is fast becoming a tradition for CoD Mobile. This new update gives the classic Black Ops 2 map an eery overhaul, with pumpkins and other Halloween decorations littering the nighttime version.
The devs also teased that “a surprise mystery lies ahead,” so we’ll need to wait and see what 2021’s version of Halloween Standoff has in store.
New CoD: Mobile Season 9 weapons
Call of Duty fans will be quick to recognize Nightmare’s new weapons, with CoD Mobile Season 9 bringing the Thumper and the Swordfish.
The Thumper Grenade Launcher has featured in several Call of Duty games and is sure to be a powerful addition to the new season.
- Read more: How to play CoD: Mobile with a controller
Read more: how to get past dragon dark souls 3
And Black Ops 4 players will recognize the Swordfish, a four-round burst Tactical Rifle that’s low recoil allowed it to chew through enemies with ease.
New CoD: Mobile Season 9 Tactical Weapon, Operator Skill & BR class
CoD: Mobile Season 9 also brings a new Tactical Weapon, Operator Skill, and Battle Royale Class.
The Flash Drone Tactical Weapon acts as a long-range flashbang. Players take charge of a drone that will completely blind enemies it comes into contact with. Devs said that it can be released at a distance “of about 15 meters” and has a range of “about 20 meters.”
The new Operator Skill, TAK-5, is set to be a game-changing addition to multiplayer. The TAK-5 immediately heals the full team, including the player, to full health. And not only that, but each player gets an additional 50 health.
And finally, CoD: Mobile’s battle royale gets the new Pumped class. This gives players a small jetpack that allows players to jump higher and even double jump. Plus, weapons are more accurate while in the air.
CoD: Mobile Season 9 Battle Pass
CoD: Mobile devs confirmed that the TAK-5 will arrive in the Season 9 Battle Pass alongside either the Thumper or Swordfish.
We expect there to also be plenty of Halloween-themed cosmetics in the Battle Pass, so we’ll keep you updated when the season goes live.
Undead Siege returns in CoD: Mobile Season 9
CoD: Mobile fans were clamoring for the Zombies mode to return, and Season 6’s Undead Siege brought a new twist to the classic experience. The Zombie-slaying action returns in Season 9.
- Read more: Best M13 loadout for CoD: Mobile
In Undead Siege, players need to survive either three or five nights, defending Richtofen’s Control Center from wave after wave of the undead.
Undead Siege returns in Season 9 for the Nightmare Halloween event, and will likely last until the end of the season. Devs teased that “there are some new rewards to earn and new challenging zombie behavior to conquer.”
CoD: Mobile Season 9 Trick or Treat
An interesting new side addition to Season 9 is the new ‘Trick or Treat’ in-game scenario. According to the devs: “Go door to door and try your luck. If you’re tricked, complete an in-game task to get your candy; if you’re treated, get the candy right away.
“Candy awards event XP, progressing you through the event track with milestone rewards along the way. Set your own room to trick or treat, and visit your friends’ rooms, too.”
CoD Mobile Season 9 update patch notes
Multiplayer mode and survival mode
CR-56 AMAX (equipped with M67 magazine):
- Reduced the range, the first range was adjusted from 36M to 30M, and the second range was adjusted from 51M to 42.5M
- Reduced the damage on the upper arm from 62 to 48
- Slightly increased vertical recoil.
- Increased the basic movement speed of the base gun from 0.6 to 0.65
- Increased the reload speed of the base gun from 3 to 2.5
- Increased the basic bullet velocity of the multiplayer mode from 600 to 900
- Heavy long barrel – Reduced the movement speed penalty from 4% to -2%
- 300 RTC-30 rounds magazine: Replaced the bullet speed increasing effect with a silencer effect; ADS speed -8% → -3%
- 300 RTC-double-row 40 rounds magazine: Replaced bullet speed increasing effect with silence effect; added bomb reload speed +10%; movement speed -2% → -1%
- Fixed the issue of BSA Mod not working in Battle Royale.
Read more: How to make a one hitter out of a pen
- Reduce the horizontal recoil of the base Gun
- Reduced hip fire spread of the base gun from 0.08 to 0.06, reduce the minimum 0.15 to 0.14
- Increase the damage of the upper body: Arm 26 increased to 28 Chest 28 increased to 31 Head 31 increased to 33
- Marksman Long Barrel: Horizontal recoil increased from -3.2% to -8%
- Ranger Long Barrel: Horizontal recoil force increased from -3.2% to -6%
- Strike Stock: Horizontal recoil force increased from -3.2% Increased to -6%
- Increased base gun damage range from 10m to 14m.
- Base gun damage increased from 25-22-20-19 to 28-24-20-19
- Base gun movement speed increased from 1.04 to 1.06
- Base gun ADS speed increased from 0.448 to 0.4
- Adjusted base gun’s recoil
- Reduced the movement speed of the 50-round magazine from -1% to -1.5%
- Reduced the movement speed of the 60-round magazine from -1.5% to -2.5%
- Adjusted the recoil of the base gun to make it more controllable during continuous firing
Perk – Disabled:
- After adding disabled perk for assault rifles and light machine guns hitting anywhere in the body will reduce the movement speed.
Battle Royale Mode
- Reduced base gun damage from 30-24-16-15 to 25-21-18-16
- Increased the vertical recoil of the first shot by 50%
- Bullet spread during continuous firing has been increased by 35% starting from second shot
- Fixed the bug that SKS bullets do not require bullet velocity in BR mode.
- The explosion damage of the Sam turret has been greatly increased from 198 to 385
- The score of the SAM Turret has been slightly reduced from 850 to 660.
- Increased the number of drones from 4 to 6. We’ve increased the number of drones to improve Swarm’s cost-effectiveness.
- Reduced the score of Napalm from 1500 to 1190
- Slightly reduced the score of rapid air strikes from 1050 to 850
- Increased missile explosion range from 10 meters to 15 meters.
And that’s everything we know about Call of Duty: Mobile Season 9! We’ll update this post when Activision releases the full patch notes.
For more CoD: Mobile, you can check out how to get the Gun Master Medal.
Image Credit: CoD Mobile
Read more: how to stand on a skateboard | Top Q&A